“For Azeroth” rings in the new year with a new build on the PTR! There’s a lot to be hopeful for in 2022. Is everything on the horizon looking good?
The Worker Strike Back
The New Year begins but the Strike continues. Employees take job action over the dismissal of Raven Software QA workers. ABK released a statement to GameIndustry.biz.
- Staff is still on strike leading into the 3rd week.
- The strike was triggered by the dismissal of several members of Raven Software’s QA department.
- ABK put out a statement saying Raven leadership has engaged in dialogue with the staff.
- The statement says that the staff was given an extended notice period, pay over the holiday break and will be given assistance relocating.
Goodies in latest 9.2 PTR build
A new build has hit the PTR with a lot of sizzling goodies; but, where is the steak?
New Shaman Ghost Wolf forms, Vulpine and Lupine
- Looks like the new canine models found in Zereth Mortis
- Half our raid team is now switching to Shaman in 9.2
Three new colorations of the Taz’avesh warp blades introduced
- All off of rares in Zereth Mortis
- Original from the dungeon is red, the three added are gold, green, and blue.
Warlock Tier Set Helm design update
- Fel Bunnies are here, much better than the previous iterations.
- Facemask on the helm is the same design, but the hood is rounder and no longer pointed at the top.
KSM requirements for season 3 have been implemented*
- *May not be final values
- Explorer – 900
- Conqueror – 1850
- Master – 2500
Succubus and Incubus changes
- Spell has been changed to Summon Sayaad
- Upon casting it the first time, the succubus will be summoned. Succubus will give you a quest that will teach you how to change the summon
- Two items will be given to the Warlock upon completion, one to force the Incubus every time, and the other one for the Succubus.
- Warlocks can toggle these on and off at will, and having both off will allow Summon Sayaad to be random.
Infinite Augment Rune
- 40k gold purchasable augment rune
- Requires exalted reputation with the Enlightened faction.
- Gives the same buff as regular augment runes, 1 hour duration on a 1 minute cooldown
- New Vulpine and Lupine Ghost Wolf models
- Taz’avesh warp blades
- Warlock Tier set Helm Updated
- KSM season 3 requirement values are in
- Summon Sayaad Spell Changed on 9.2 PTR
- Infinite Augment Rune
Cutoff for faction transfer eligibility for this season’s Mythic Keystone “Tormented Hero” title is January 18th, 2022. Any character that’s faction transferred after this date will of course be ineligible for the title.
This announcement has led to speculation that the end of season 2 will be within a few weeks of this date, meaning season 3 will be starting shortly after. There have been signs that 9.2 may be quickly approaching.
Is this sooner than we dared hope or being rushed more than we feared?
Mythic Raid Testing
The first week back from the holiday break, we have a lot of raid testing.
Thursday, January 6 – two mythic encounters
Thursday, January 6 – two mythic encounters
- Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle – 13:00 PST (16:00 EST, 22:00 CET)
- Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener – 14:00 PST (17:00 EST, 23:00 CET)
Friday, January 7 – one mythic encounter
- Artificer Xy’mox – 14:00 PST (17:00 EST, 23:00 CET)
- The first testable wing of Raid Finder: Cornerstone of Creation
- Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle, Prototype Pantheon, and Lihuvim, Principle Architect
Testing begins after Mythic testing has concluded and ends on Monday, January 10.
The encounter with ‘Lihuvim, Principal Architect’ was originally scheduled to be tested on Friday. A post was put out on Wednesday saying that difficulties with the encounter had come up. This fight may be replaced or only a single Mythic boss will be tested on Friday. No word as of this recording.
- Raid Testing Schedule: January 6 — 7 – Eternity’s End Public Test and Discussion – World of Warcraft Forums
This past Saturday was supposed to be the first Darkmoon Faire of the year. Strangely, it never happened. Due to a bug and subsequent hotfix, this month’s DMF will begin this coming Sunday, January 9th. The in-game calendar has been adjusted to show this change and future months should return to the regular scheduled start of the first Sunday of each month.
Classic WoW Live Chat
Aggrend, a Classic WoW Game Producer, took the community forums to chime in on a discussion around the state of the population of the classic realms. The main takeaway from the post is that there will be an incoming live chat with the devs to discuss issues around server population and faction split, among other aspects of Classic WoW. Details are forthcoming about this live chat, but we’ll be keeping an eye on this for when it gets announced.
For Azeroth! Discord
LISTEN ON THESE PLATFORMS: