Episode 163 talks about 9.1 free of story spoilers! Lex_Rant joins Manny to discuss the new Sylvanas novel, Raid Testing, the new Gearing Features and the departure of Jeff Kaplan.
A new Warcraft novel has been made available for pre purchase.
- Simply titled: Sylvanas
- Authored by Christie Golden
- To be released on Nov 9, 2021
Ranger-General. Banshee Queen. Warchief. Sylvanas Windrunner has borne many titles. To some, she is a hero . . . to others, a villain. But whether in pursuit of justice, vengeance, or something more, Sylvanas has always sought to control her own destiny.
The power to achieve her goals has never been closer, as Sylvanas works alongside the Jailer to liberate all Azeroth from the prison of fate. Her final task? Secure the fealty of their prisoner—King Anduin Wrynn.
To succeed, Sylvanas will be forced to reflect on the harrowing path that brought her to the Jailer’s side, and reveal her truest self to her greatest rival. Here, Sylvanas’ complete story is laid bare: from the breaking of the Windrunner family and her rise to Ranger-General; to her own death at the hands of Arthas and her renewed purpose in founding the Forsaken; to the moment she first beheld the Maw, and understood the true consequences of what lay beyond the veil of death. But as her moment of victory draws near, Sylvanas Windrunner will make a choice that may ultimately come to define her. A choice that’s hers alone to make.
Sanctum of Domination Raid Testing
The Raider.IO Team has been in talks with Team 2 to bring in a scoring system in Chains of Domination.
Raid testing continues for 9.1’s upcoming raid. Another two heroic encounters are to be tested later this week.
- Thursday April 22nd
- Soulrender Dormazain
- 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
- The Nine
- 14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)
- These look to be the 3rd and 5th encounters respectively.
New Gearing in 9.1
With the latest build we are getting pieces that show how gear from Raiding, PvP, and M+ will differ from each other.
- PvP Gear will jump in item level when players are involved in BGs, Arenas or otherwise engaged in PvP combat
- Item level on gear will increase by 13 ilvls
- Data-mining has uncovered what appears to be a new system for gear progression exclusive to raiding.
- Two Cloaks that will be socketed from the Sanctum of Domination (like Mechagon punch cards)
- There is a quest that involves killing raid bosses to further empower the Shards
- In this build, there are shards for each role:
- DPS shard – crits add a stacking shadow DoT
- Tank shard – taking magic damage procs a heal on yourself
- Healer shard – Healing a low health ally increases your Int for a short while
- In last week’s build, there were other versions that ranked up and had procs suited for melee dps, and tanks.
- Mythic + will have the 9.0.5 Valor system from day 1.
- There will also be a new achievement for completing each dungeon on 20+ or higher
- These Keystone Hero achievements will grant a teleport to that dungeon
- Shard of Domination Gems are Special Raid Items in Patch 9.1 – Socketed in Specific Raid Cloak
- Dungeon Teleports (CM Ports) Return for Completing Each +20 Mythic+ Dungeons in Time in Patch 9.1
Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard Entertainment
The title says it all. Yesterday, the Vice President of Blizzard Entertainment resigned.
- Until Yesterday, he was the Game Director of Overwatch
- He is succeeded by Aaron Keller as Game Director
- No information has been provided regarding his role as VP
- Jeff has been with the company for nearly two decades
- He was Quality Assurance in Warcraft 3; Quest Design, PvE Design, and Game Director in WoW; and finally Game Director for Overwatch
- He leaves in the middle of development of Overwatch 2
For Azeroth! Discord
LISTEN ON THESE PLATFORMS: